[Pymilter] exploding messages

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Mon Apr 26 15:22:32 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> I will probably use the message ID as a tag for associating all of the
> scores etc. in the message logs.  If I can't record information in the
> mail message, the least I can do is being able to reconstruct it.

I would recommend not relying on someone elses message ID as a tag.
Spam, for instance, often uses the same message-id for a whole run of spam,
or has no message-id at all.

Instead, add your own X-Camram-Tag: header to associate scores, etc.
(checking whether one already exists and discarding or escaping).  This
also solves the problem of coworkers seeing their officemates spam scores.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>