[Pymilter] exploding messages

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Apr 27 13:21:51 EDT 2004

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> I would recommend not relying on someone elses message ID as a tag.
> Spam, for instance, often uses the same message-id for a whole run of spam,
> or has no message-id at all.

I hadn't paid attention.  Knowing what I do about spammer behavior, you
are probably quite right.

> Instead, add your own X-Camram-Tag: header to associate scores, etc.
> (checking whether one already exists and discarding or escaping).  This
> also solves the problem of coworkers seeing their officemates spam scores.

shouldn't be a big problem.  Need to find a good source of uniqueness.
Will probably do something like sha1 on the entire body of the message.
  Collisions should be fairly rare.  obviously, this will be a fun thing
to test.  ;-)

---eric

<!DSPAM:FC2CFC940C212321725231775>